Nimbic is seeking a Senior Applications Engineer. The position is based in the San Francisco Bay Area. The form to apply for the position is below the job description.
The Senior Applications Engineer will proactively consult with Nimbic pre-sales and post-sales customers on Electromagnetic Integrity (signal integrity, power integrity, EMI) related opportunities, playing a lead role in supporting enterprise accounts and SaaS cloud customers. The position requires a highly motivated and self-driven professional with strong technical background, initiative as well as organizational, communication and multitasking skills. The professional will assist with technical presentations, demos, benchmarks, evaluations as well as in post-sales training and support. The professional will further actively participate in industry trade shows, conferences and technical papers.
Primary Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work collaboratively with customers to ensure their successful use of Nimbic products.
- Assist in renewals and cultivate expanded opportunities to expand software enterprise as well as SaaS cloud licenses.
- Cultivate long-term relationships with customers.
- Assist Sales, Marketing and Engineering teams in campaigns, strategic marketing and product development.
- Guide efforts in expanding global accounts.
Essential Job Functions:
- Presentation and creation of technical demos, training and support materials
- Expertise in successfully guiding evaluations of Nimbic products with customers
- Proactively working with sales
- Ability to travel (some international) on an as-needed basis, up to 30%
- MS or Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 4 years of relevant industry experience in electromagnetics, transmission line and circuit theory
- Experience in solving signal and power integrity issues for high-speed complex designs
- Demonstrated use of commercial 3D electromagnetic simulation software and other CAE/EDA software packages
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in a diverse team environment
- Demonstrated ability to multitask between multiple projects and to communicate effectively with customers
- Demonstrated problem solving skills, ability to create engineering solutions to customer design challenges
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presentation
- Knowledge of other commercial CAE/EDA software packages
- Programming experience and scripting languages (C, C++, Jscript, VBscript, Python)
- Experience with supporting and working with International Customers a PLUS
Nimbic (www.nimbic.com) is the leading provider of Maxwell-accurate, 3D Full-Wave Electromagnetic Integrity solutions. Nimbic’s nWave 3D field solver enables fast, scalable signal integrity, power integrity and EMI analysis for chip-package-system design. Nimbic’s nCloud scalable cloud compute platform facilitates electromagnetic integrity analysis for the most complex designs cost-effectively and in near real time. Nimbic’s customers include Texas Instruments, Renesas, Toshiba, Qualcomm and Panasonic